22 October 2021 | Edition 31
- Please note that the AGM takes place on 15 November. All reply slips need to be returned so that we have attendance numbers.
- If learners have forgotten their lunch, parents are to ensure that they place orders directly through the Tuckshop. The tuckshop details are listed on the website for orders to be placed.
- 1 November is a public holiday due to the municipal elections.
- A reminder that if there is lightning in the area, or heavy rains, when learners are picked up from school, that an e-mail is sent to the register class teacher, and the Grade Head needs to be cc’d on the mail, in order for staff to send learners to the gate. If there is light drizzle, learners will do their loop. Parents to ensure that learners have a rain coat or umbrella packed, during inclement weather.
- The 2021 Term 4 Assessment timetable has been placed on D6 and the website. The 2022 Stationery lists and Workbook requirements can also be found on D6 as well as the website.
Car Seats for Kids needs your support!
Bryanston Primary have been involved over the years with the Imperial I-Pledge Campaign.
Bryanston Primary School, IMPERIAL Road Safety, together with Wheel Well, would like to call on all moms and dads in the Gauteng region, and our Bryanston Primary families, to donate car seats they no longer use in the aim of giving a child the gift of safety this year. This outreach forms part of Bryanston Primary’s continued outreach in the form of the Car Seats for Kids Campaign.
The Car Seats for Kids campaign, launched in 2012, has embarked on various collection drives across the country in a bid to collect pre-owned car seats from South Africans. The campaign has been a phenomenal success, having distributed thousands of car seats since its inception.
All car seats collected from the generous public are re-upholstered, safety checked and cleaned by Wheel Well, a non-profit organisation, before distribution, to ensure they are user friendly and defect free.
So go on, make a difference to a family in need!
We would like to ask our BPS families to drop off your old car seats that you are no longer using at Bryanston Primary School, to assist us in contributing towards child safety on the roads. If you would like to donate an unwanted, used or new car seat, please e-mail Mrs Roman at email@example.com
And for those parents, in need of a car seat – please contact Peggie Mars from Wheel Well on 073 393 7356 or pop her an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryanston Primary School will start its own Grade R in January 2022. Available spaces are filling up fast, so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please contact Mrs van Eeden at email@example.com for any further information.
Disconto books will be holding at booksale at Bryanston Primary from 8-9 November 2021 at the following times:
- 8 November: 10h00-1500
- 9 November: 07h00-14h00
“Every child deserves a good book!”
We offer a large variety of fiction and non-fiction books direct to the public at affordable prices. Debit/Credit cards accepted. For more information, contact Johan Pettit on 082 574 3926.
Sport Fixtures: Term 4, Week 3 2021
|Date||Event||BPS Teams||Opposing School/Team||Venue||Time||Educators||Bus Departs||Bus Returns|
|Monday 25 October 2021||Cricket||u10||Crawford Lonehill||Away||14:00||Mr B Maseko||13:45||17:00|
|Tuesday 26 October 2021||Cricket||u11||Crawford Lonehill||Away||13:45||Mr T Rheeder||13:45||17:00|
|Wednesday 27 October 2021||Cricket||u13||Crawford Sandton||Away||14:00||Mr S Howarth||13:45||17:00|
|Thursday 28 October 2021||Cricket||u9||Crawford Sandton||Home||14:00||Mr O Mbatha||13:45||17:00|
|Friday 29 October 2021||Swimming Gala||Swimming Team||Rivonia||Rivonia||14:00||Miss C Rossouw Miss Z Mann Miss R Mason Ms M Herrer Ms A Botes||13:30||16:00|
An E-mail system of communication
2. All learners will move to register classes last 10 mins of such a day
3. Parents e-mail class teacher
4. Grade Head will be CCed
5. Class teacher sends learner, unaccompanied to the main gate, via the foyer
6. After-care learners go to their allocated classrooms and not the register classroom
7. Parents, registered with Aftercare, must still use Aftercare phone numbers
8. No emails will be used for Aftercare, they must use WhatsApp
9. All learners exit via the foyer. Parents to ensure that when an e-mail is sent, that they are waiting for their children.
10. No child must be waiting, unsupervised, at the gate – the parent must be ready and waiting
1. A member of the SMT or a person designated by the SMT will sound the siren or make the announcement.
2. All outdoor activities will cease
3. Educators will stop teaching at the allocated/announced time and move to their classes
4. Taking shelter is a foremost priority
5. An alert will be sent to parents
6. Learners will be dismissed as per email request
7. Chain of command: The Acting Principal, followed by any member of the SMT
8. Educators stay with learners until 14H45 and escort the remaining learners to the hall for supervision
9. When coming from the field, during an extra-mural, the Educator in charge must take responsibility
10. Failure to comply with this Policy, may result in disciplinary action
Please ensure that the following items are in the learner’s shoulder bags daily:
- An extra mask in a sealed plastic bag in case of an emergency
A plastic bag to throw rubbish into (tissues, pencil sharpenings, paper that has been cut out etc.)
A minimum of 500ml of water for drinking
Adequate amount of lunch
Personal hand sanitiser (alcohol based)
Sanitising wipes (alcohol based) to clean off their own working area
No latex gloves may be worn
There are still many parents who are entering the NO RIGHT TURN area on Mount Street. Please adhere to all road signals to assist with the flow of traffic. Please obey all instructions given by our security guards.
JMPD have informed BPS that they will be doing spot visits to the school to monitor and assist with regulating traffic.
JMPD have also suggested that parents drive up Mount Street (if coming from Grosvenor), and turn into Cross Road (towards the gym) and then join onto Main Road to flow into William Nicol, if you need to get back onto William Nicol Drive.
There is a NO RIGHT TURN sign on Mount Street, on the island (coming from Grosvenor) that indicates that no cars coming from Grosvenor are allowed to turn right into the parking area. Please adhere to all road signs in order to assist with traffic congestion.
As we are moving into warmer weather and the rainy season, please ensure that your child has wet weather fear (umbrella/raincoat) in their bags each day.
Please ensure that you have read and understand the school standard operating procedures for the start of Term 1, in relation to COVID sanitation standards.
The document can be found on our Coronavirus Resources page.
Parents are encouraged to install the D6 Connect App in order to receive important communication from the school regarding News, Resources, Alerts etc. Download the app here.
From the school side, all MS Teams and BPS online profiles have been created and are working. Login details are the same as last year and if resets were done, they were sent to parents. Please use the MS Teams or BPS Online password reset button on the front page of the login page if ever you forget the password.
For BPS online login password queries when you have difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from a login aspect. If the query is subject related, regarding content, please contact the subject teacher and not support.
If you are experiencing MS Teams login password queries please email email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties (not related to passwords), depending on the device you are using, please ensure that updates are done on the learners’ devices.
For details on resetting or changing of passwords, please refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Sensei Basil Smith has been coaching judo at Bryanston Primary for the past 18 years.
He has medalled all over the world becoming the Commonwealth Champion in Singapore in 2010.
Tatami Judo was started in 2007 by Sensei Basil Smith.
Judo is a sport ideal for both boys and girls of all ages. The art enhances the body’s core stability and strength. Footwork and co-ordination are further improved complementing the training necessary for other sporting activities. In addition to physical fitness, Judo is set to boost overall confidence, self-esteem and self-discipline.
Classes at Bryanston Primary School are held on a Friday afternoon:
Grade 0: 13h00 – 13h30
Grade 1 & 2: 13h45 – 14h45
Grade 3-7: 14h45 – 15h45
“I pride myself on dedicating my full attention to my students and helping them reach their full potential.”
Sensei Basil Smith
084 450 7777
For all your security installation needs.
Alarms, Electric Fencing, Intercoms, Gate & Garage Motors & CCTV.
Please use Reference BP01 to qualify for a 10% cash back paid to your school fund.
010 140 0645
Adverts are placed on a monthly basis at the beginning of the month and removed at the end of the month. This service is offered by Bryanston Primary School for advertisers to market their products or services to the BPS community in the school newsletter. The school cannot be held responsible or liable for any damages or misleading claims resulting from the information contained in the classifieds. Placing an advert in the Bryanston Classifieds does not mean that the school endorses or recommends the product or service on offer.
Price structure for BPS Classifieds:
- BPS Families R200 per advert – maximum 30 words.
- Non-BPS Families R350 per advert – maximum 30 words.
Payment and Advertising material
By EFT only. Bank: Standard Bank Fourways Crossing | Branch Code: 009953 | Account Number: 023385103. Please use the reference: CLASSIFIEDS+Your Name and send proof of payment and advertising material to Mrs M. Fairley on firstname.lastname@example.org.