Edition 21 | 19 July 2021
|Grade||Start Time||Drop-off Point||End Time||Collection Point|
|Grade 1||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 2||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h10||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 3||07h25||Main Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 4||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h40||Staff Gate|
|Grade 5||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
|Grade 6||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 7||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
Message from the Principal
Last week Mr Ramaphosa announced that all schools will reopen on Monday 26 July. He also added that all schools will be back at full capacity from Monday 2 August. This raised a lot of questions from our parents, and I will explain the statement made by the president.
There are schools in the country that are still on the rotational models and those are the schools that will use the week of the 26th to prepare for schooling at full capacity on 2 August.
Bryanston Primary will reopen at full capacity on Monday 26 July at 7:25. The grade 1 – 3 learners will be dismissed at 13:10 and the Grade 4 – 7 learners will be dismissed at 13:40. Under adjusted Level 4 restrictions there will be no extra murals. Aftercare will reopen on Monday 26 July. Once again, I would like to thank all the staff, SGB, parents and learners for their unwavering support during these unprecedented times.
I would like to take the opportunity to welcome the following teachers to the Bryanston Primary family:
- Mrs Dina Beydoun has replaced Mrs Marks in the Grade 6 Mathematics position. She has already met our grade 6’s and we are looking forward to fantastic results. We wish you a very happy stay at Bryanston and we thank you in advance for the expertise you will share with our learners.
- Ms Yolande van der Merwe will replace Ms Armstrong from 1 August teaching Grade 4 Mathematics. We are extremely fortunate to welcome a teacher of this calibre back to Bryanston Primary. I wish you well for your stay at Bryanston Primary.
- Ms Arina Botes will replace Mrs Singh from 1 August teaching Grade 7 Mathematics. Her experience teaching Mathematics will benefit our learners and we are glad to welcome her back to Bryanston Primary. We wish you well.
A sincere gratitude to all our parents that are keeping up to date with school fees. I would like to encourage parents to honour their financial commitments as the running costs of the school is still ongoing. Please communicate with us if you are experiencing financial difficulties regarding school fees.
It is with much excitement that I can announce that Bryanston Primary School will start their own Grade R in January 2022. More details will follow soon.
I wish all our parents, learners and teachers a safe and happy holiday. Please let’s all play our part in assisting the country to get over the third wave.
Term 2 Reports
Reports will be handed out 30 July 2021 to learners.
“The only thing that overcomes hard luck, is hard work.”
~ Mr Morne Marx
Grade 1-7 Shoulder bag requirements
Please ensure that the following items are in the learner’s shoulder bags daily:
- An extra mask in a sealed plastic bag in case of an emergency
- A plastic bag to throw rubbish into (tissues, pencil sharpenings, paper that has been cut out etc.)
- A minimum of 500ml of water for drinking
- Adequate amount of lunch
- Personal hand sanitiser (alcohol based)
- Personal tissues
- Sanitising wipes (alcohol based) to clean off their own working area
- No latex gloves may be worn
Mount Street Parking
There are still many parents who are entering the NO RIGHT TURN area on Mount Street. Please adhere to all road signals to assist with the flow of traffic. Please obey all instructions given by our security guards.
JMPD have informed BPS that they will be doing spot visits to the school to monitor and assist with regulating traffic.
JMPD have also suggested that parents drive up Mount Street (if coming from Grosvenor), and turn into Cross Road (towards the gym) and then join onto Main Road to flow into William Nicol, if you need to get back onto William Nicol Drive.
There is a NO RIGHT TURN sign on Mount Street, on the island (coming from Grosvenor) that indicates that no cars coming from Grosvenor are allowed to turn right into the parking area. Please adhere to all road signs in order to assist with traffic congestion.
We ask that parents follow this procedure for lightning and heavy rain. Please use the contact numbers for WHATSAPP ONLY if parents or transport companies are at the gate and they need learners to be sent to their respective dismissal points only when there is lightning or heavy rain.
No incoming phone calls will be allowed on these phones. This phone will not be used for any other purpose other than it’s intended use. It is only used for WHATSAPP messages during inclement weather.
WHATSAPP message should only have Name, Surname and Grade of the learner who needs to be sent to the gate (e.g. Joe Soap Grade 4A to be sent to the gate).
Please WHATSAPP the Grade Heads in your respective Grades as follows, only during inclement weather:
- Grade 1: 076 570 5824
- Grades 2 & 3: 079 790 4653
- Grade 4 & 5: 079 169 2271
- Grade 6 & 7: 079 628 7475
COVID Standard Operating Procedures
Please ensure that you have read and understand the school standard operating procedures for the start of Term 1, in relation to COVID sanitation standards.
The document can be found on our Coronavirus Resources page.
Parents are encouraged to install the D6 Connect App in order to receive important communication from the school regarding News, Resources, Alerts etc. Download the app here.
MS Teams and BPS Online
From the school side, all MS Teams and BPS online profiles have been created and are working. Login details are the same as last year and if resets were done, they were sent to parents. Please use the MS Teams or BPS Online password reset button on the front page of the login page if ever you forget the password.
- For BPS online login password queries when you have difficulties, please contact email@example.com from a login aspect. If the query is subject related, regarding content, please contact the subject teacher and not support.
- If you are experiencing MS Teams login password queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties (not related to passwords), depending on the device you are using, please ensure that updates are done on the learners’ devices.
- For details on resetting or changing of passwords, please refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Adverts are placed on a monthly basis at the beginning of the month and removed at the end of the month. This service is offered by Bryanston Primary School for advertisers to market their products or services to the BPS community in the school newsletter. The school cannot be held responsible or liable for any damages or misleading claims resulting from the information contained in the classifieds. Placing an advert in the Bryanston Classifieds does not mean that the school endorses or recommends the product or service on offer.
Price structure for BPS Classifieds:
- BPS Families R200 per advert – maximum 30 words.
- Non-BPS Families R350 per advert – maximum 30 words.
Payment and Advertising material
By EFT only. Bank: Standard Bank Fourways Crossing | Branch Code: 009953 | Account Number: 023385103.
Please use the reference: CLASSIFIEDS+Your Name and send proof of payment and advertising material to Mrs M. Fairley on email@example.com.