Edition 20 | 28 June 2021
|Grade||Start Time||Drop-off Point||End Time||Collection Point|
|Grade 1||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 2||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h10||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 3||07h25||Main Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 4||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h40||Staff Gate|
|Grade 5||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
|Grade 6||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 7||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
Message from the Principal
Last night Mr Ramaphosa announced that all schools must close on Wednesday. I am happy to announce that our assessments are done, and that the curriculum was covered efficiently. Due to the current situation in our school, where we have several teachers isolating, we are welcoming the decision of the President to move the holidays forward.
School will close on Wednesday 30 June at 11:00. Schools will reopen on 19 July. I will communicate with our parents during this holiday period via D6. Once again, I would like to thank all the staff, SGB, parents and learners for their unwavering support during these unprecedented times. I am proud to say that I am part of a fantastic institution.
I would like to take the opportunity to say farewell to the following teachers:
- Mrs Marks is leaving our school after 11 years. As Mrs Marks was a learner at BPS as well, she has spent the better part of 18 years at Bryanston Primary. It is with great sadness that we greet the Marks family and wish them well for the future. Enjoy the UK and never let the love for Bryanston Primary disappear. Bryanston Primary is poorer for it, and we will miss you terribly.
- Ms Armstrong unfortunately is also leaving BPS and is going to further her career in the UK. 5 years as a teacher at BPS, combined with her also being a BPS learner has added up to a 12-year relationship with the school. We will miss you, but we know that the UK’s education system has stolen one of our brightest. Enjoy your stay and always remember BPS with fond memories.
- Mrs Singh has made an impact at BPS with two short stints. Her knowledge of education combined with a stunning nurturing personality, has served BPS extremely well. Thank you for the positivity you brought to our school, and we hope BPS will always have a special place in your heart. May you and your family find happiness as you are settling in the UK in a few weeks’ time.
In the first newsletter of next term, I will introduce the teachers who will replace these teachers.
On a very happy note, I would like to congratulate Mrs Tennant and her husband, Shane on the birth of their little one. Iylah Grace Tennant, we welcome you to the Bryanston family and hope that you will bring joy to the BPS family.
A sincere thank you to all our parents that are keeping up to date with school fees. I would like to encourage parents to honour their financial commitments as the running costs of the school is still ongoing. Please communicate with us if you are experiencing financial difficulties regarding school fees.
It is with lots of excitement that I can announce that Bryanston Primary School will start their own Grade R in January 2022. More details will follow soon.
I wish all our parents, learners and teachers a safe and happy holiday. Please let’s all play our part in assisting the country to get over the third wave.
The last day of Aftercare for Term 2 will be tomorrow, Tuesday 29 June.
“The only thing that overcomes hard luck, is hard work.”
~ Mr Morne Marx
COVID-19 Vaccinations for educators
On Thursday, 24 July 2021, many of our educators were vaccinated with the J&J vaccine. This does not mean that educators can no longer get COVID-19 or spread it, it just means that they are less likely to get severe symptoms if were to get COVID-19. For this reason we will not be throwing caution to the wind, but in fact quite the opposite, we will be even more vigilant at school as we know that there has been a severe upsurge of COVID-19 cases in Gauteng. We had a number of side-effects amongst our staff members but hopefully by Monday we will have a fully functioning staff.
At the moment we have many learners who are staying home due to personal choice and these learners are being marked off as absent on D6 with the reason being PC (Personal Choice). We are not able to mark learners present if they are not at school because if the Department of Basic Education had to come and do a head count of the learners or if something had to happen to a child at home and we have marked them present at school, this would cause serious problems.
At present we have the following positive COVID-19 cases:
- One Grade 2 learner,
- One Grade 5 learner,
- One Administration Employee.
Grade 7 Public Speaking
Grade 1-7 Shoulder bag requirements
Please ensure that the following items are in the learner’s shoulder bags daily:
- An extra mask in a sealed plastic bag in case of an emergency
- A plastic bag to throw rubbish into (tissues, pencil sharpenings, paper that has been cut out etc.)
- A minimum of 500ml of water for drinking
- Adequate amount of lunch
- Personal hand sanitiser (alcohol based)
- Personal tissues
- Sanitising wipes (alcohol based) to clean off their own working area
- No latex gloves may be worn
Mount Street Parking
There are still many parents who are entering the NO RIGHT TURN area on Mount Street. Please adhere to all road signals to assist with the flow of traffic. Please obey all instructions given by our security guards.
JMPD have informed BPS that they will be doing spot visits to the school to monitor and assist with regulating traffic.
JMPD have also suggested that parents drive up Mount Street (if coming from Grosvenor), and turn into Cross Road (towards the gym) and then join onto Main Road to flow into William Nicol, if you need to get back onto William Nicol Drive.
There is a NO RIGHT TURN sign on Mount Street, on the island (coming from Grosvenor) that indicates that no cars coming from Grosvenor are allowed to turn right into the parking area. Please adhere to all road signs in order to assist with traffic congestion.
We ask that parents follow this procedure for lightning and heavy rain. Please use the contact numbers for WHATSAPP ONLY if parents or transport companies are at the gate and they need learners to be sent to their respective dismissal points only when there is lightning or heavy rain.
No incoming phone calls will be allowed on these phones. This phone will not be used for any other purpose other than it’s intended use. It is only used for WHATSAPP messages during inclement weather.
WHATSAPP message should only have Name, Surname and Grade of the learner who needs to be sent to the gate (e.g. Joe Soap Grade 4A to be sent to the gate).
Please WHATSAPP the Grade Heads in your respective Grades as follows, only during inclement weather:
- Grade 1: 076 570 5824
- Grades 2 & 3: 079 790 4653
- Grade 4 & 5: 079 169 2271
- Grade 6 & 7: 079 628 7475
COVID Standard Operating Procedures
Please ensure that you have read and understand the school standard operating procedures for the start of Term 1, in relation to COVID sanitation standards.
The document can be found on our Coronavirus Resources page.
Parents are encouraged to install the D6 Connect App in order to receive important communication from the school regarding News, Resources, Alerts etc. Download the app here.
MS Teams and BPS Online
From the school side, all MS Teams and BPS online profiles have been created and are working. Login details are the same as last year and if resets were done, they were sent to parents. Please use the MS Teams or BPS Online password reset button on the front page of the login page if ever you forget the password.
- For BPS online login password queries when you have difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from a login aspect. If the query is subject related, regarding content, please contact the subject teacher and not support.
- If you are experiencing MS Teams login password queries please email email@example.com
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties (not related to passwords), depending on the device you are using, please ensure that updates are done on the learners’ devices.
- For details on resetting or changing of passwords, please refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Adverts are placed on a monthly basis at the beginning of the month and removed at the end of the month. This service is offered by Bryanston Primary School for advertisers to market their products or services to the BPS community in the school newsletter. The school cannot be held responsible or liable for any damages or misleading claims resulting from the information contained in the classifieds. Placing an advert in the Bryanston Classifieds does not mean that the school endorses or recommends the product or service on offer.
Price structure for BPS Classifieds:
- BPS Families R200 per advert – maximum 30 words.
- Non-BPS Families R350 per advert – maximum 30 words.
Payment and Advertising material
By EFT only. Bank: Standard Bank Fourways Crossing | Branch Code: 009953 | Account Number: 023385103.
Please use the reference: CLASSIFIEDS+Your Name and send proof of payment and advertising material to Mrs M. Fairley on firstname.lastname@example.org.