Edition 19 | 18 June 2021
|Grade||Start Time||Drop-off Point||End Time||Collection Point|
|Grade 1||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 2||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h10||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 3||07h25||Main Gate||13h10||Main Gate|
|Grade 4||07h25||Montessori Gate||13h40||Staff Gate|
|Grade 5||07h25||Sports Cafe Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
|Grade 6||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Montessori Gate|
|Grade 7||07h25||Main Gate||13h40||Main Gate|
Important notice to parents
All parents are requested to read this very important letter from the school.
There are learners going on isolation due to having close contact with positive parent / sibling. If you are diagnosed as positive as a parent, please send the positive result notification as this will be used as the doctor’s note for the assessments your child will be missing.
When a positive case is reported to the school, the procedures below are followed;
- Primary Contact: 10 days isolation, positive result must be sent to school
- Please remember that isolation will only occur if there is close contact with a primary contact and they are staying with that person. Please make sure to send the positive result to Mrs. Coertzen; firstname.lastname@example.org , the Grade Head and the register teacher so that they can keep track of who has missed assessments.
- Secondary/third Contact: does not isolate
- If they have had contact with a positive person and they do not live with them, then they or their parents need to get tested (Example; parents had contact at work, therefore the parents need to go get tested or they had a family function on the weekend but the family members do not live with them and they are positive, then the parents / child needs to get tested) They cannot isolate for 10 days because of a secondary / third contact without being tested. The person who had contact must get tested 4 days after close contact and then only, can isolation occur if they are positive and this result will be used as a doctor’s note.
Getting tested: Sending learners to school
If a parent knows that there has been close contact, then the learner needs to be kept at home while the parent / child gets tested (4 days). Rapid testing is now available and can be done on the same day and the results are given within 15 minutes of the test being done. If the result is negative, the test result must be sent to school and the child must return to school. If the learner missed an assessment due to COVID-19 testing, alternate dates will be arranged for the learner to write their assessment. If the result is positive, the results must be sent to the school and the learner will isolate for 10 days and alternate dates will be arranged to write the assessments.
Please can we ask that if you think you have had close contact with a positive person to please keep your child at home for 4 days until you get tested. If your child has a cough, runny nose, sore throat etc. even if it is not COVID-19, please keep your child at home. It is also important that we maintain social distancing on weekends and to try keep social gatherings to a minimum to ensure that our learners are kept safe.
This week at school, we have had one learner in Grade 5 test positive as well as one administration staff member.
Teachers and learners are still using the portal as a learning tool.
The Foundation phase uploads extension and remediation work on the portal. They also upload work that the learners revise closer to when the learners write formal assessments.
Work that is covered in class is on the portal. There is also extension and remediation work loaded on the portal. If a learner would like to know more about a topic, they will go to the extension activities. If a learner did not understand a topic or would like to revise a topic they will go to the remediation work. Learners must use the portal to revise work closer to formal assessments under the ‘Revision’ section. If a child is absent, they must go onto the portal to complete the work they missed so that they do not fall behind.
We encourage parents to ensure that their child makes use of the portal as a learning tool to revise the day’s work. This is an invaluable tool which is beneficial for all children.
Grade 1-7 Shoulder bag requirements
Please ensure that the following items are in the learner’s shoulder bags daily:
- An extra mask in a sealed plastic bag in case of an emergency
- A plastic bag to throw rubbish into (tissues, pencil sharpenings, paper that has been cut out etc.)
- A minimum of 500ml of water for drinking
- Adequate amount of lunch
- Personal hand sanitiser (alcohol based)
- Personal tissues
- Sanitising wipes (alcohol based) to clean off their own working area
- No latex gloves may be worn
Mount Street Parking
There are still many parents who are entering the NO RIGHT TURN area on Mount Street. Please adhere to all road signals to assist with the flow of traffic. Please obey all instructions given by our security guards.
JMPD have informed BPS that they will be doing spot visits to the school to monitor and assist with regulating traffic.
JMPD have also suggested that parents drive up Mount Street (if coming from Grosvenor), and turn into Cross Road (towards the gym) and then join onto Main Road to flow into William Nicol, if you need to get back onto William Nicol Drive.
There is a NO RIGHT TURN sign on Mount Street, on the island (coming from Grosvenor) that indicates that no cars coming from Grosvenor are allowed to turn right into the parking area. Please adhere to all road signs in order to assist with traffic congestion.
We ask that parents follow this procedure for lightning and heavy rain. Please use the contact numbers for WHATSAPP ONLY if parents or transport companies are at the gate and they need learners to be sent to their respective dismissal points only when there is lightning or heavy rain.
No incoming phone calls will be allowed on these phones. This phone will not be used for any other purpose other than it’s intended use. It is only used for WHATSAPP messages during inclement weather.
WHATSAPP message should only have Name, Surname and Grade of the learner who needs to be sent to the gate (e.g. Joe Soap Grade 4A to be sent to the gate).
Please WHATSAPP the Grade Heads in your respective Grades as follows, only during inclement weather:
- Grade 1: 076 570 5824
- Grades 2 & 3: 079 790 4653
- Grade 4 & 5: 079 169 2271
- Grade 6 & 7: 079 628 7475
COVID Standard Operating Procedures
Please ensure that you have read and understand the school standard operating procedures for the start of Term 1, in relation to COVID sanitation standards.
The document can be found on our Coronavirus Resources page.
Parents are encouraged to install the D6 Connect App in order to receive important communication from the school regarding News, Resources, Alerts etc. Download the app here.
MS Teams and BPS Online
From the school side, all MS Teams and BPS online profiles have been created and are working. Login details are the same as last year and if resets were done, they were sent to parents. Please use the MS Teams or BPS Online password reset button on the front page of the login page if ever you forget the password.
- For BPS online login password queries when you have difficulties, please contact email@example.com from a login aspect. If the query is subject related, regarding content, please contact the subject teacher and not support.
- If you are experiencing MS Teams login password queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties (not related to passwords), depending on the device you are using, please ensure that updates are done on the learners’ devices.
- For details on resetting or changing of passwords, please refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Adverts are placed on a monthly basis at the beginning of the month and removed at the end of the month. This service is offered by Bryanston Primary School for advertisers to market their products or services to the BPS community in the school newsletter. The school cannot be held responsible or liable for any damages or misleading claims resulting from the information contained in the classifieds. Placing an advert in the Bryanston Classifieds does not mean that the school endorses or recommends the product or service on offer.
Price structure for BPS Classifieds:
- BPS Families R200 per advert – maximum 30 words.
- Non-BPS Families R350 per advert – maximum 30 words.
Payment and Advertising material
By EFT only. Bank: Standard Bank Fourways Crossing | Branch Code: 009953 | Account Number: 023385103.
Please use the reference: CLASSIFIEDS+Your Name and send proof of payment and advertising material to Mrs M. Fairley on email@example.com.