Grade 0 is situated in the Bryanston Primary School grounds. Our fundamental objective is for each child to develop a positive and sustaining image of themselves and others. Our focus is for the learner to master the skills necessary for their life ahead and in doing so giving them the experience to develop and obtain an optimum level of readiness for school, as well as to develop positive attitudes to and interest in all learning. We aim to develop strong characters, independence, and good self-esteem in our learners and to develop each child’s strength and potential.
Applications for Grade 0 2021 are now open!
Phonics and Phonological Awareness
Sounds and letters
Thinking and reasoning
Pre -Reading Skills
Halving and doubling
Data Handling (Graphs)
Addition and Subtraction
Science and technology
- Language, Auditory and Visual Screening
- All classrooms equipped with interactive promethean boards
- Private Extra-Mural Activities on offer are: Judo, Ballet, Soccer, Sporty Girlz, Cricket, Gymnastics, Swimming, Rugga Kids, Yoga, Golf, Creative Drama, Arts and Crafts, Music, Experi-Buddies
- Fun Shows and Educational Outings arranged throughout the year.
- Special Occasions at school include: Grandparents Day, Annual Concert, Spring Day, International Day, Friendship Day, Water Fun Day, Go Cart Derby and Farewell Party.
Our School is staffed by :Principal – Mrs Cheryl de Melo.
Qualified and Experienced Foundation Phase Educators:
- Mrs Amy Davies
- Mrs Mila von der Becke
- Mrs Roxanne Klerck
- Mrs Wendy Bolle – Admissions, Debtors,and administration
This team, together with our Resident Occupational Therapy team of Alice Atherstone ,and Speech Therapists Bridget De Canha and Jess Gotlieb, aim to develop the children as a whole .
Our Grade 0 Facility caters for 100 – 125 learners.
School Hours from 07:15 – 13:35 and the academic day runs from 8:00 – 13:00.
Mrs Cheryl de Melo:
Telephone: 011 463 7926
- Newsletter Issue no15 18th September 2020
- Newsletter Issue no14 11th September 2020
- Newsletter Issue 12 28th August 2020
- Newsletter Issue 11 24th July 2020
- NEWSLETTER Issue 10 17th July 2020
- Newsletter no 9 for 10th July 2020
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 7 6th March 2020
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 6 28th February 2020
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 5 21st February 2020
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 4 14th February 2020
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 3
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 2
- NEWSLETTER- Issue 1