As a public school, Bryanston Primary follows the South African Curriculum Assessment Policy (CAPS) system of education.
- English (First Language)
- Afrikaans (Second Language)
- Montessori Maths (Grades 1-3 only)
- Social Sciences (History and Geography)
- Natural Science
- Life Orientation (LO)
- Music and Drama
- Economic and Management Science (EMS) – Grade 7 only
- Technology – Grade 7 only
From Grades 1-3, learners will have a main class teacher, with breakaways for specialist subjects such as Montessori Maths, Art, Music and Drama, and Physical Education.
From Grades 4-7, children are assigned to a register teacher, and then move around the school during periods to subject specialists.
Physical Education forms part of the school’s curriculum and learners from Grades 1-7 participate in this activity.
Please click here for more information on promotion requirements for Grades 1-7.