Head of Physical Education / Sport Administrator
Bryanston Primary School seeks to appoint an exceptional and inspirational leader to the full-time position of Head of Physical Education (School Governing Body employment). The Head of Physical Education will report to the Principal and will play a key role as a member of the School Management Team.
The Head of Physical Education is responsible for the leadership and operational management of the Sports Department, ensuring the strategic direction of the School is maintained, and objectives and policies are in alignment. The Head of Physical Education will drive an ongoing commitment to offering an outstanding physical education program and sporting Co-curricular activities within a diverse learning environment.
The successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills and a supportive and collaborative management and leadership style that nurtures, challenges and inspires students and staff as well as the ability to engage proactively with parents. Key to success will be the ability to build and develop the professional capacity of all staff with the goal of ongoing improvement in student sporting outcomes. Adopting a framework of continuous improvement, the ideal Head Physical Education will display high energy and strong influencing skills in addition to an advanced level of analytical and strategic thinking. The appointee will actively support the School’s holistic approach to education and display a genuine desire to be part of a progressive and thriving community.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package, supported by a vibrant teaching and learning environment.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in sport management or related discipline and/or extensive experience within the field (essential)
- Registered Teacher with SACE (essential)
- Police clearance
- Experience in the role of a sports administrator overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of sports programs
- Proven success in developing the sports skills and experiences of students in an educational setting
- Excellent communication, organisational, leadership and motivational skills and proven capacity to manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven success coordinating and managing the performance of coaching and related staff
- Knowledge and understanding of adolescent development, behaviour and associated issues of nutrition and wellbeing
- Sound financial skills and previous experience managing significant budgets
- A strong personal interest and background in the teaching and administration of sport
- A personal capacity to relate well to a wide range of people; students, parents, colleagues and others
- A strong commitment to and understanding of the importance of sport, both competitive and recreational, in the development and education of school students
- Excellent coaching experience, preferably across several sports
Commitment to working outside of School hours and accompanying trips during the holiday period is a pre – requisite
If you think this is the role for you, applications including a cover letter, resume and details of at least three referees should be emailed to: Mr Morne Marx, Principal, Bryanston Primary School at email@example.com
Commencement Date: January 2020
Closing Date: 30/08/2019
If you have not heard from the School by 20 September 2019 please consider your application unsuccessful. Bryanston Primary reserves to right to appoint someone earlier if a suitable candidate presents him/herself. Bryanston Primary reserves the right not to make an appointment.